Hourly Staff Employment
Hourly Employee: job assignment for non-permanent (at-will) hourly employees or student enrolled in less than six units who works as an hourly employee.
Finding a Job:
Each department conducts their own interviews and makes their own selection decisions. Approach each department and ask if they are seeking Hourly Staff.
All student workers must complete an employment packet in the Human Resources office (SS-230). This office is open Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-4:30pm and Friday, 8am-1pm..
All student workers are required to provide verification of identity and proof of right to work in this country. The preferred documents are current Drivers License and original Social Security card or unexpired Passport.
International student workers must go to the Human Resources office (SS-230) to obtain authorization from the International Student Services Office and obtain a Social Security card application. You will need your Passport and I-20.
Please see full list of acceptable documents.
New Hire – Hourly Employee
All new hourly employees will need to bring in acceptable documents to fulfill the Federal I-9 requirement before they begin Human Resource’s new hire paperwork.
In cases in which an employee has never had any association (such as a current or former student) with the college:
- The prospective employee would need to come into HR before an EPAF can be created.
- HR will generate a K# with the information provided by the prospective employee.
- HR then notifies the department that an EPAF can be created.
If the hourly applicant already has a K# because of a former association with the College and has been offered a position by a department:
- The hourly employee will visit the Human Resource’s (HR) office to fill out the new hire paperwork.
- The department can simultaneously create an EPAF for their prospective employee.
In either case, before an EPAF is approved by HR:
- The hourly applicant must turn in the completed new hire paperwork to HR in order to receive the Request for Live Scan (fingerprint) and TB Certificate of Completion forms.
- The hourly employee will take the Live Scan Form to a designated off-campus location to have the scan completed. Live Scan results are sent to HR.
- The hourly employee will take the TB Certificate of Completion to a medical center designated off-campus location to have the form completed. Employee will return the form to HR.
All Live Scan and TB Exam fees from designated locations will be charged to the District.
All hiring paperwork, including the Live Scan results and the TB Certificate of Completion, must be completed and submitted to HR prior to approval:
- HR must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to giving formal
approval of employment. Please take into consideration the time needed to complete a TB assessment and/or
skin test and LiveScan clearance. In most cases, LiveScan results are submitted to
HR within 3-5 business days; however, due to various reasons, results can be delayed.
2. Employee (if they had prior association with the college) and supervisor will receive an auto-generated email once the EPAF is complete.
Rehire - Hourly Employee
EPAFs for rehires can be created at any time because the applicant has an existing K#:
- EPAFs will be approved once assignment is Board Approved and we verify hire paperwork is up-to date.
- Employee and supervisor will be notified if applicant needs to complete any forms.
- Employee and supervisor will receive an auto-generated email once the EPAF is complete.
*Hourly assignments can also be Board Approved via placeholder.
*Additional TB or Live Scan results are not necessary.