College for Working Adults
We meet you where you are with your educational goals.
Designed for post-traditional students who move between part and full-time enrollment, the College for Working Adults program offers multiple degree programs and support services on a flexible schedule. College for Working Adults offers evening, hybrid, and fully online courses to help post-traditional students earn their degree and transfer. Our students are connected to dedicated advisors, tutors, and faculty who understand the needs and challenges of first generation, post-traditional, and working adult students.
College for Working Adults students are:
- Students who move between part-time (less than 12 units) and full-time (more than 12 units) enrollment status.
- Post-traditional students: Parenting, returning to college after some time away, and/or are full-time working adults attending college part-time.
Program Benefits and Support:
- FREE textbooks via a lending library*
- FREE school supplies
- Access to advising and support services evenings and weekends (by appointment)
- Resources and opportunities developed specifically for post-traditional students
- Academic and social support from our PEGS tutors
- Work and take classes at a pace, and time, that meets your schedule
- Schedule flexibility: we do not require full-time enrollment to access our services and resources
*Fully online distance students: If you live outside of Santa Barbara or Ventura County, we are providing access to e-textbooks at this time.
Our Degree Programs:
You can earn dual Associates Degrees and complete transfer requirements, concurrently, on a part-time schedule in the following:
- Associate in Arts Degree (AA): Chicana/o Studies
- Associate in Arts Degree (AA): Psychology
- Dual Associate in Arts Degrees (AAs): Chicana/o Studies and Psychology (Spanish optional)
- Dual Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) Degrees: Communication and Psychology
- Dual Associate in Arts Degrees (AAs): Global Leadership and Ethnic Studies
- IGETC for AAs (transfer requirements only)
Fully Online Distance Education Programs, Degrees, and Certificates:
Associate in Science Degree (AS): Computer Information Systems (CIS)
Associates in Science Degree (AS): Health Information Technology (HIT) and Cancer Information Management
To explore all SBCC fully online degrees and certificate programs, click here.
Students are not required to be in these majors to participate in the program. This program is open to all majors.
Click here to schedule an appointment with Adrienne Arguijo-Morgan, Coordinator, if you need assistance with completing the steps listed below.