New Student Class Planning
After completing our Steps to Enrollment you are ready to begin your New Student Class Planning
Creating an academic plan is a state mandated requirement of all students who are new to college, or attended only while in high school, and who plan to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer to a four-year college. Please note: It may take up to 48 hours after you apply to SBCC to be able to register for a Class Planning session.
New Student Class Planning Sessions will help you develop a first semester class plan with a counselor and help you understand your English and Math placement results, pre-requisites and skill advisories.
Local SB High School Students
Dear Local High School Senior Students,
Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, SBCC is not able to provide Class Planning on your high school campus. However, you still can complete Class Planning through our live webinar sessions via Zoom. Local high school students have the option of completing a Local High School Class Planning Session or a General Class Planning Session. Please use the following guide to assist you in understanding what Class Planning is, why you have to complete Class Planning, how to complete Class Planning, and what to do if you need help registering for Class Planning.
- Webinar Class Planning Resource for Local High School Seniors
- How to Sign Up for Local High School Class Planning
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these challenging times. Please stay healthy!
- Check your math and English placements in Pipeline
- Complete Online Orientation. (F-1 Visa Students: Complete your online orientation found here-> Online Orientation )
- Seats are limited and sessions fill fast, plan in advance and register as early as possible to secure your spot.
- If you are requesting a disability-related accommodation in order to access and/or benefit from class planning, contact Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) for consultation. To schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Specialist, please call (805) 730-4164 or visit SS-160.
We offer two types of New Student Class Planning Sessions, either on campus or through webinar. However, due to COVID-19, our sessions will be through webinar only. Click on the button below for instructions on how to sign up for a class planning session. **Please note session availability is subject to change.
Last updated: June 14, 2021, 4:30PM
Tuesday, June 15th, 10:00AM-12:00PM (FULL)
Tuesday, June 15th, 4:00PM-6:00PM (FULL)
Wednesday, June 16th, 10:00AM - 12:00PM (FULL)
Wednesday, June 16th, 3:00PM - 5:00PM (FULL)
Thursday, June 17th, 9:00AM-11:00AM (FULL)
Thursday, June 17th, 2:00PM-4:00PM (FULL)
Friday, June 18th, 9:00AM-11:00AM (FULL)
Monday, June 21st, 9:00AM-11:00AM (FULL)
Monday, June 21st, 2:00PM-4:00PM (FULL)
Tuesday, June 22nd, 10:00AM-12:00PM (webinar session availability)
Wednesday, June 23rd, 1:00PM-3:00PM (webinar session availability)
Thursday, June 24th, 9:00AM-11:00AM (webinar session availability)
Friday, June 25th, 9:00AM-11:00AM (webinar session availability)
Hours of Operation
Monday and Thursday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am - 1:00 pm