Pipeline Login Help
Secure your Pipeline account with Two Factor Authentication (2FA) - Setup Instructions (google doc)
Staff or Faculty?
Regardless of age, college officials will only assist the student with access to a Pipeline account, which contains records covered under FERPA. Please have your student call Enrollment Services (805) 965-0581 x4086 for assistance. Additionally, students at SBCC are expected to act on their own behalf, not only out of respect for student privacy, but also to fully engage students in college administrative processes that are essential for their success in college.
Calls to Enrollment Services will be returned in a timely manner. Additionally, visit the Admissions Frequently Asked Questions Page
Accounts may be in a disabled mode for one of the following reasons:Most common
- Your Pipeline account access has expired because you have not been a regularly active
and enrolled student.
Solution: Re-apply for admission to the college. (1 to 2 days after you apply, your Pipeline account access will be re-enabled)
*Former students just looking for transcripts? Please go to http://sbcc.edu/transcripts/ for information.
- Your recently submitted Application for Admission has not been fully processed.
Solution: Contact Admissions/Enrollment Services to check on the status of your application.
- Pipeline google/gmail account was automatically flagged for suspicious activity or
Solution: Contact IT Student User Support for more information and assistance.
- Account has been disabled due to disciplinary reasons.
Solution: Contact the Dean over Student Discipline for information.
- Your Pipeline account access has expired because you have not been a regularly active and enrolled student.
Please Contact Admissions/Enrollment Services to make sure your name, date-of-birth, and approved ID (usually your SSN) match exactly what is on your file.Admissions/Enrollment Services Contact Info:
- Make sure you are going to https://pipeline.sbcc.edu , and not using a bookmark or letting your browser auto fill the address.
- Make sure your password meets the necessary requirements (8-15 characters, at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, and 1 symbol or special character).
- Turn off, or temporarily disable any password or form savers in your browsers. Sometimes these will override what you type in the password field without you seeing it.
- Make sure you wait at least 2 minutes after resetting your password to allow our systems to catch up with the changes.
- Try a different browser than the on you are using such as Firefox, Edge (PC), Chrome, or Safari (mac)
- Try incognito or private browsing mode in your browser. This will bring the page in without old cached pages, and files.
Your Approved ID could be one from the following list: Please Contact Admissions to verify what number is listed on your account.
- Social Security Number (SSN) Most common
- Social Security Alternate Number (SSAN) Sometimes called a "999" number
- California Community College ID (CCCID) Number assigned to you when you applied to the college through OpenCCC
- Tax ID
- Lumens ID (number used when registering in School of Extended Learning fee-based non-credit courses)
- Social Security Number (SSN) Most common
Contact IT User Support and request that it be *reset. You will need to provide some personal information for verification of your account.
*Security Questions are reset at scheduled times*
- Phone: (805) 965-0581 ext 2949
- On Campus: CC 225 Campus Center.
- Online: support.sbcc.edu/contact
You were assigned a temporary SSN number sometimes called a "999" number when you applied to the college. You will need to retrieve this number in order to lookup your Pipeline login information. Please contact Admissions if you are not able to locate this number.
Unofficial transcripts are available through Pipeline accounts for current students only. Former students can only obtain official transcripts. Please go to sbcc.edu/transcripts for ordering information.
Your Pipeline account will be fully active and available to you while you are actively enrolled in courses. If you are not enrolled in courses, restrictions may apply. Below are scenarios.
New, or returning former student: Once you initially open or re-open a Pipeline account by applying to the college, you are given access to most features, but full access won’t be granted until you enroll in a course. Until then, the following restrictions apply:
- Pipeline email: Sending and receiving email to SBCC email accounts only (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) Email to and from non-SBCC email accounts will not be sent or received.
- Pipeline Google Apps: No access to google drive, docs, sheets, forms, and slides.
The day after you enroll in a course, those restrictions are lifted and you will have full access.
If you do not enroll and complete a course within two regular semesters (Spring or Fall) the limited access account will be subjected to deprovisioning and eventually deleted. (Note: academic records, personal information, transcripts, ect., will not be deleted and are kept in Admissions and Records.)
Additional Log In Help for Students:
Contact IT Support for Students:
- Online and Email: FILL OUT THE SUPPORT FORM (quickest way to reach us!)
- Phone: (805) 965-0581 x2949
- On Campus: CC 225 (Campus Center) In person service not available at this time
- Website: I.T. Support for Students