I.T. Support for Students
*Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (805) 965-0581 x4215 or (805) 730-4215
In-person service is available as needed and by appointment only
Estudiantes de credito
*Horario de servicio: lunes a jueves de 8:00 a.m. a 4:30 p.m.; viernes de 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
Teléfono: (805) 965-0581 x4215 o (805) 730-4215
El servicio en persona está disponible según sea necesario y solo con cita previa
Noncredit /Adult Ed Students
Phone: (805) 965-0581 x3018 or (805) 730-3018
Monday: 10:00 a.m. to 7:50 p.m. (Closed from 2-2:30pm)
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. to 7:50 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 p.m. to 7:50 p.m. (Closed from 2-2:30pm)
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 7:50 p.m.
Friday: 10:30 a.m. to 1:50 p.m.
Estudiantes de no crédito
Teléfono: (805) 965-0581 x3018 o (805) 730-3018
*Horario de servicio:
Lunes: 10:00 a.m. a 7:50 p.m. (Cerrado 2:00-2:30pm)
Martes: 10:00 a.m. a 7:50 p.m.
Miercoles: 10:00 a.m. to 7:50 p.m. (Cerrado 2:00-2:30pm)
Jueves: 10:00 a.m. a 7:50 p.m.
Viernes: 10:30 a.m. to 1:50 p.m.
Get help with SBCC computer lab resources, apps, and software (including Virtual Desktop
Infrastructure (VDI), Google Drive and Adobe apps)
Fall 2023 (8/28/23 - 12/16/23)
Virtual Lab Hours: Monday - Thursday 11am-8pm PT
Closed for all SBCC Holidays and campus closures: https://www.sbcc.edu/calendar/
Computer Tutoring and Technical Support at the Learning Resource Center
Computer Tutors can assist with things like:
- Connecting to the Wifi
- Sharing and creating PowerPoint and Google Slide presentations
- Document formatting for assignments, including for MLA and APA formatted paper
- Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Office 365, and Basics of Excel
- Editing, self-recording, and uploading image, audio, and video files for assignments
- How to access VMWare Virtual Windows Desktop on your computer or Chromebook and how to save on and navigate the virtual desktop
- Computer skills tutoring
General Troubleshooting, FAQ, Instructions, etc.
- Pipeline Login Help / Instrucciones a Pipeline y Correo electrónico de SBCC
- How long do I get to keep my Pipeline and Google account?
- Campus Wifi Troubleshooting
- Instructions to add Pipeline Gmail to a Mobile Device or mail app:
(Note: IMAP and POP3 are not supported and will no longer work)
- Pipeline and Online Course Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Instructions / VDI Acceso al Escritorio Virtual de Estudiante de SBCC
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA) Setup Instructions (google doc)
Google Authenticator app: iPhone or iPad I Android
- Phishing: Recognize and Report
- Hotspot Loaner Info: Hotspots are now available for qualifying students through the Basic Needs Website.
Important Notice! The prior campus hotspot vendor contract ended on August 31, 2023. Hotspots checked out prior to that date will no longer work.
- I.T. Service Level Guidelines
- Canvas Technical Support (24/7 live chat support)
- Canvas Student Tutorials
- Canvas browser and computer requirements
- Canvas Guides
- Proctorio Support
- Zoom Information
- ¿Cómo usan los estudiantes Zoom?
- Zoom Support Center's Getting Started Resources
- Chat with Zoom Support online (select "Chat live" underneath "Support Process.")
- Call Zoom Phone Support: +1.888.799.9666 ext 2
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is now required for all college employees, both full and part-time.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is now required to access the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure system (VDI).
- 2FA Full Setup Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 2FA (VDI Only) Setup Instructions
- Google Authenticator app: iPhone or iPad I Android
Admission and Registration Support
- Student Success Resources FAQ
- Admissions and Records Home
- Enrollment Services Support for Credit Students: (chat services available)
- Enrollment Services Support for Non-Credit Students (School of Extended Learning)
- Admissions and Records FAQ
- Dual Enrollment Program
- Transcript Ordering Information
- Assessment Information
- Prerequisites and Corequisites Information
- Class Tutoring
- Library Services for Online Students
- Learning Resource Center
- Math Tutoring Lab
- Proctoring Information
- Academic Counseling (Starfish Support)
Students with Disabilities
- DSPS Home Page / Hours
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request accommodation for Exams in Online Courses
Questions about assistive technology, please contact: Laurie Vasquez, DSPS Assistive Technology Specialist email@example.com